Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bologna; Flashback...

Sooo... my holidays in Italy - something to remember! Lots of fun, lots of sun, really nice people I've met and really cool places I've been! I arrived in Italy, Milan late friday evening, but my friend Ilze came from Bologna to pick me up there, so then we went back to Bologna the same evening and around 2 p.m. we were already dancing and having fun in Kasamatta with couple of her friends.
Next day it was Ilze' s birthday and we started our day with a walk in the city, then some late afternoon aperitivo (coctail, snacks, nice friends' company) and continued on in BoaVista coctail bar. I just love the interior there! We ended up at club Matis. Here You can see some pics from that evening.


What about the Easter? In Latvia we have this tradition to color eggs, but we just couldn' t find anything to color the eggs with, and probably we were too lazy as well, so we came up with original, abstract and creative idea how to decorate them. Ilze was master of pancakes that morning and we had nice Easter breakfast on the terrace. I know that my friends from Latvia were jelous because we were sitting there on terrace with t-shirts, while it was snowing in Latvia! So here You can see the result of our creative Easter morning :)

Ilze showed me around the city and as the weather was so warm, we went to park - Margarita Garden and just lied there in the grass - well I can' t really remember precisely all those names in Italian :) I also tried Italian ice-cream. I have never eaten better pistachio ice-cream than in Bologna! So during my stay in Bologna I had lots of great evenings, aperitivo' s and also some red Daiquiri coctail on my white trousers, but it all fits to great holidays!

One evening Ilze, Matteo and me-we went up the hill with a car. This will seem strange, but we went to a hospital. Just climbed up onto the roof and there we had really nice view to the city at night! We had wine evenings and Italian pizza evenings, so I really can' t wait to go to Italy again!

No comments: